While listening to The Life Coach School podcast today, I decided to do models on the thoughts that keep me on track with my food and one for the thoughts that don’t keep me on track. I’m labeling them my Power thoughts vs BS thoughts.
If you don’t know how the model works, I highly suggest you check out this podcast. Game changing! Brooke breaks it down and explains it there. Basically, your thoughts create your feelings which creates your actions and then the results from those actions. To change your results, you need to change your thoughts.
I’m sharing them because it helps me when I write this shit out. Helps when I get it out of my head and onto paper. I’m able to process them better doing it this way; catching the BS thoughts when I am thinking them instead of when I’m acting on them.
- I’ve been really good the last few days.
- A little snack won’t hurt.
- I’ll workout longer tomorrow.
- I’ll make it up by doing a fast this week.
- It’s been so long since I’ve eaten this.
- I haven’t drank all week.
- I shouldn’t throw food away.
- I spent too much on this to let it go to waste.
When I have these thoughts, I feel justified and entitled.
I overeat, either by eating off plan or eating pass satisfied.
The result is weight gain or stagnation, bloating, guilt, shame, remorse, pity.
- A little cheat won’t get me closer to my goal.
- I’ve worked really hard to make these changes and I don’t want to do this over again.
- I will learn from my mistakes, not repeat them.
- Working out longer will not undo the damage.
- Throwing food away is perfectly acceptable. Better in the garbage than on your ass.
- The money is already spent. One bite or eating all of it won’t bring the money back.
- Eating off plan won’t make you feel better tomorrow.
- Drinking off plan won’t resolve the emotions you’re feeling.
When I have these thoughts, I feel empowered and determined.
I stay on plan.
Mindset is Everything
By writing this all out, I can catch the bs thoughts before I act on them and tell myself the power thoughts instead. This way I can create the results I want.
As of today, 7.2 lbs to go to hit goal.
Give it a try. The more you practice it, the easier it is to do. Hope this helps you with some of your bs thoughts.
Until next time, hope you have a kick ass day!